RE: Autoexec (Sorry, last try).

One last post, this is getting off topic, but still it
seems relevant given that SW is important here.

Despite the fact you were not included in one of the various
polls conducted by periodicals such as "Information Week"
etc, they were conducted nonetheless. You are certainly
correct about the marketplace making these decisions, it
is rare that one product line is so rampantly successfull
as to bring to bear specific (non-tax) anti-capitolistic
behavior from the US government, but this is what we have
with Windows. It sounds to me like we are in agreement, no?

You have a lot of experience with a lot of OSes, and
so do I, embedded controllers included, and I know what
you mean about those GNU tools, they really are awful.

Actually my issue was with the entitlement expecting
attitude of some posters here. There are a group of
people who spend alot of time developing good stuff
targeted for the nearly universal platform (Windows),
and give the stuff away for free. There are others
who must make a living from it. None of these people
deserve to be slammed for not giving their source away
for free, or for not supporting an obscure platform.
If you insult them they may well go on strike, and
everybody looses. (FYI Laura, you are not one of the
posters I am referring to, I know that you are a
contributor).

- Mark West