Re:

Hi Rick.

Just athought... Did you say in an earlier post that you are using an Arrow?
And if so are you using the 'strongarm' rotator method or something more
permanent?

If you're using an Arrow and strongarm method, I get armchair copy on FO20
across the sky with anything from 10 to 50W, mostly 10W. But of course you
have to rotate it on its axis as it passes to get the best signal depending
upon the polarization mismatch. Health warning: Beware operating high power
with the strongarm method!

FWIW I'm putting two Arrows together to make a 3x3 and 7x7 pair with
circular polarization at the moment, with the intention of trying it as a
nice small semi-permanent installation. This should avoid (in theory!)
having to rotate it on its axis. Struggling to get the SWR down with the
power splitter/polarization switcher at the moment, but hopefully I'll be in
business soon.

If you're using a ground plane with a bit of gain, the sort of problem
you're encountering is similar to what I achieve at home (Diamond 2000).
Nice strong sigs near the horizon, but quite difficult at much over 20
degrees.

Or maybe you're using a different antenna...

73 Howard G6LVB