Open software and firmware

Hi,

Bdale Garbee, N3EUA, who has the necessary "horsepower" to comment without
being dismissed as just a whiney User, had an interesting discussion on this
at Vicksburg.  While I did not make 1999 San Diego, I find his good article
in the proceedings of that meeting, on page 76, called "AMSAT Software
Should be Free."  (In this case Free=Open Source)  Bdale definitely has
elements of an "Anybody But Microsoft" view, but whatever your choice of
operating system, his thought on the availability of amateur source code are
well worth a view.  Of course there are other views as well.

Alan
WA4SCA