From: Jeff Davis [mailto:jeff@jehosophat.com]
Sent: Tuesday, June 20, 2000 5:19 AM
To: AMSAT-BB
Cc: ne1h@ne1h.dyndns.org
Subject: [amsat-bb] Re: An open letter to the Amsat Software authors

Alan,

I think it paradoxical that you want to see "open source" with regards
to the Station software program, but you advocate using Win98 and
"Visual Studio 6 or later", both commercial, proprietary closed-source
applications written and sold by a monopolistic enterprise who have soaked
their customers for billions.

How about getting really crazy and doing a Linux port using a FREE
operating system, and a FREE GNU editor/compiler all written and
developed by people who could have sold the software for billions but
instead chose to give it freely to us all?

Just thinking "outside the box" here...

73,
--
jeff, n9avg