[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next] - [Date Index][Thread Index][Author Index]

Launch opportunity



The Launch Opportunity on the Boeing Delta-3 has evaporated.  With only 3
weeks to go, and with the fate of the company's launch program on the
line, they just felt it prudent to not at this late date add any risk to
an already tight schedule.

So, our NATSweb bolt-on satellite payload goes back on the shelf, awaiting
the next short-fuse opportunity.  de WB4APR, Bob
------------------
> Bob,
> 
> Boeing Launch Services has given me the bad news that they have decided
> not to fly your payload.  The reason given is that they just do not want
> to address secondary payloads given the risks associated with this Delta
> III launch and the short time that they have left to prepare for that
> launch.  I apologize, but it was worth trying to see if they would do
> it.  I have a number of short-term opportunities the rest of this year
> and early next.  I will check around and see if there is another flight
> that might be suitable for you.  If something comes up, I will let you
> know....
> 
> Shawn Smith
> Space Operations Intl.


----
Via the amsat-bb mailing list at AMSAT.ORG courtesy of AMSAT-NA.
To unsubscribe, send "unsubscribe amsat-bb" to Majordomo@amsat.org



AMSAT Top AMSAT Home