Re: An open letter to the Amsat Software authors (with a little political incorrectness!)

Alan,

The Station was written, as I am sure you know, by vp9mu in Bermuda. He
was, for a time, enthusiastic and promoted his software on the amsat-bb.
Then something happened. He more or less disappeared.

You would think that when these people who sell something either for
private gain, or to generate funds for AMSAT lose interest, they would have
the courtesy to find someone to take it over, or as you suggest publish the
source.

What irks me is that often AMSAT-NA gets a black eye when they really have
little or nothing to do with it. There are lots of 'AMSATs' but maybe
because AMSAT-NA sponsors the amsat-bb, they get blamed.

For an unofficial list of 'little amsats' see
http://www.ccr.jussieu.fr/physio/amsat-france/eamsat-inter.htm

Not surprisingly the link for the Bermuda group is broken.

Keep up the pressure. Maybe the author can be flushed out.

73, ron w8gus.