Re: Brain-Dead ICOM IC-1271A...

 Mark Johns writes:

> All of the Icom radios of that vintage (all of the x71 radios, the IC-745,
> IC-751, etc.) stored their operating programming in volatile RAM memory, so
> when the battery goes, they need to be reprogrammed by factory service.

Two choices really:
1. Change it yourself (carefully) but float another battery over the line
   while you do it
2. Get the factory to do it (as above). This carries the benefit that, if
   theres been a software upgrade, you get it updated too.

thinks ... perhaps, after 10+ years, its time to do this with *my* three
Icom rigs ;)

73
Richard W L Limebear G3RWL
g3rwl@amsat.org