Other ways (was: Re: Autoexec)

Flames, finger-pointing and name-calling aside, there
is a point here: that we should not restrict ourselves
unnecessarily in what we do and how we do it.

People are all-too-often brainwashed into the notion that
Wintel is the only way to do things. As a confirmed Linux
user I can assure you it isn't! Other ways are possible,
and have merit of their own...

This has implications for people developing things: you
must either support alternatives yourself, or make the
information available so that others can do the support
for you. Aside from a few unfortunate exceptions,
AMSAT has done this well. Let's keep doing it. And do
something about those exceptions.

All software I release to the AMSAT community will be
available in open-source form, under GPL or equivalent
terms.

AMSAT has always been an organization of communication
and information exchange. Let's communicate, and let's
exchange information.

                                   - Hospital/Shafte