TS-790A>IF232 via win98se Problem

Wondered If someone could explain a minor gliche on the serial port
configuration
shown by device manager on port 2/1. The IF232 needs 1 start bit 8n2,but the
configuartion doesn't allow for start bits. Maybe a special driver? anyway I
just inserted
the 8n2 making the program very sluggish and sometimes it won't answer.
BTW I'm using the rts/cts lines and the baud is 4800. Appreciate any
suggestions or
maybe Ive left something out. TKS 73

Nick