Re: Sounds like a great chance for a quick amateur satellite

On Fri, 16 Jun 2000 01:16:47 -0400, you wrote:

>What a waste!
>
>Isn't there a way for the amateur community to learn about such things in
>time to get a microsat (at least!) built and integrated?

This is something I have been pushing for some time. I talked to Keith

at Dayton about this and he told me to "go for it". Well I don't have
time to "go for it" for another year or two but I would be interested
in participating in a group effort.

If anyone has an interest in developing off the shelf satellite
repeaters to take advantage of opportunities like this.

I would be happy to be the point of contact for this effort.
If you have such an interest please email me directly with
your interests and expertise and I will put together an email list.

With a little effort we ought to be able take advantage of these
kinds of situations.

	73 Jerry KK5YY