Re: FO-20??

At 05:58 PM 6/16/00 +0005, Bruce Paige wrote:
>for operating digital satellites, you correct both up and downlink

Not necessarily. Some digital satellites have uplink receivers that are broad enough to not require tuning on the uplink, and you can minimize interference to other fixed-channel stations by leaving your uplink fixed.

>  however, on analog voice satellites, you correct the higher of
>the two frequencies as that is the freq most affected by doppler.

That's the old rule for manual operations, not the best rule.

See http://www.amsat.org/amsat/features/one_true_rule.html
for the long version of my thoughts on the subject.

73  -Paul