Re: FO-20??

At 05:58 PM 6/16/00 +0005, Bruce Paige wrote:
>for operating digital satellites, you correct both up and downlink
>frequencies.

Not necessarily. Some digital satellites have uplink receivers that are broad enough to not require tuning on the uplink, and you can minimize interference to other fixed-channel stations by leaving your uplink fixed.

>  however, on analog voice satellites, you correct the higher of
>the two frequencies as that is the freq most affected by doppler.

That's the old rule for manual operations, not the best rule.

See http://www.amsat.org/amsat/features/one_true_rule.html
for the long version of my thoughts on the subject.

73  -Paul
kb5mu@amsat.org