Welcoming satellite newcomers

Just an observation...

Another new station came on UO-14 today.  It was Gene (KB8VQQ) in
Youngstown, OH.  I heard him make a QSO and at the end proudly announce
that it was his first satellite QSO.  The single reply he got back
was... "ain't I the lucky one".  He received no congratulations from
that station, no encouragement and no good wishes for continued fun on
the birds.

I tried to contact Gene to congratulate him but he evidently doesn't
have email (according to HamCall & QRZ) and his home number is unlisted.

Geez, certainly we can do better than this is making newcomers feel
welcome, can't we???

On a postive note, I heard a station not too long ago come on frequency
and ask if there were any QRP stations that would like to make a call or
attempt a contact.  GOOD STUFF!!!

73  //Garie  *K8KFJ*
AMSAT #32574