RE: I have an idea. More questions/thoughts

David M. Tipton, PhD <tiptond@psi.com> wrote:

>So how far IS it across the atlantic??  Why not put one 200 miles
>out to sea on each side?  (Or are we still talking a lot of
>territory to make up?)

Call me old-fashioned, but in my day we looked at maps and
atlases to answer such questions...

One possible chain of relays would be Newfoundland -> Green-
land -> Iceland -> Ireland. If it was good enough for Leif
Ericsson, it should be good enough for us. :-)

I leave the longest gap to cover as an exercise for the
student.

                                   - Hospital/Shafte