Status of IC-821H?

I was (emphasis on 'was') considering the IC 821H as a replacement for my
FT-736.  In doing some surfing, I realized none of the major equipment
dealers listed the 821 in their inventory.  It was also absent fromt the
Icom web page.  I called Texas Towers and learned the 821H has been
discontinue!  I guess I missed that announcement.  Anyone heard if a
replacement is on the way?