Re: I have an idea. Please read

That is at 2 meters probably with some diffraction of the signal.  When you
move that frequency to 70cm I don't think you will see that kind of range.
I have worked 250 miles from 12,000 ft with a 2 watt HT on a rubber ducky
antenna from inside the cabin, but again it was on 2 meters.

--
73, Roy

Internet: w0sl@amsat.org