RE: AMATEUR SATELLITE MONITORING SERVICE

Hello Astronautic.

13 Jun 00 17:00, you wrote to Tony Langdon:

 AT> That QRM you mentioned is a pain in the neck.  I have just once worked
 AT> UO 14. On other days, the copy is solid 5/9 conversations  on 70cm
 AT> caused by the tens of thousands hand held and mobiles on 2 meter input
 AT> frequency.  I don't know how this problem is going to be addressed,
 AT> and seems clearly out of the hands of the national society, and
 AT> possibly the administration.

Does any of the QRM originate from your country?  All I know is that it
originates from north of Australia.  Our spectrum is highly regulated down
here, so pirates are a lot less common here.

I'm also trying to get a recording of the QRM to assist some people working
with satellites.

I hope P3D is configured to run U up and V down rather than the other way
around when it's over our way, otherwise it could be another transponder full
of rubbish.

Tony

.. A rock ----->me<----- A hard place.