Re: I have an idea. Please read

Harv,
 Yep, there is a problem with keeping in place caused by the jet
stream. The altitude of these winds is not fixed, though, so I'd
suggest that the vehicle carry a link that can be updated from
the ground with the latest forcast of winds aloft speed/direction
so that it can shift to keep out of the worst of it.
 As for "only" three hundred miles horizon, well, it would be
there at all times, which no satellite outside of a GEO bird
can do now, so there are upsides and downsides to the idea...

Later,
Andy.
PS: why is your e-mail program sending out two copies of your
message?