Misuse of the satellite bands

Hi all,

Sangat, 9M2SS, ask about a monitoring service for satellites. I had written this before
I saw that message - but here is a little about what I have heard over the
last couple of weeks.

It has been a pleasure to use the FM satellites over the last
many years with many new stations active.

AO-21 was a very usefull bird in the "good old days".

Now we have the use of AO-27, UO-14 and SO-35, which all are
working very well.

Personally I have worked 81 new stations on UO-14 since it was switched to
the service as a FM repeater. This shows that FM birds are just as good
to attract new operators to the satellite service as the mode-A birds.
I would like to thank the people who made this possible.

There are a few problems here in Europe. If we can solve those, it will be much
easier for new, perhaps QRP stations, to become active on the birds.

On AO-27 I have recorded packet stations from the Ukraine using the uplink
frequency (145.850 MHz). Here is one example:

US5WE-2>UT1WPR-8 <RR R R3>
US5WE-2>UT1WPR-8 <RR C P R4>
US5WE-2>IPLVV <RR C P R5>
US5WE-2>UT1WPR-2 <RR C P R3>
US5WE-2>UT1WPR-8 <I C S5 R4>:

On UO-14 I have recorded APRS transmissions from France:

F4BSY>APRS,WIDE <UI C>:
=4243.42N/00251.42E-POSITION APRS {UIV32}