Re: Subject: APRS Tiny-Web-Page Examples

At 10:07 AM 6/12/00 -0400, Bob Bruninga wrote:

>ALso, since the KISS interface and radio control are the same serial port,
>I assume there will be some packets lost during the  interrupt to tune the
>radio.  Presumably this will only be a few packets lost...  Or maybe it
>will buffer them up in the TNC?

Back in the "olden days" before UsSat-style 9600 baud satellites, it used
to be common to do the radio tuning via the microphone up/down
buttons.  This is actually a more practical solution with the D700 than it
used to be with the PSK satellites.  Tuning on the 9600 baud satellites is
not so critical.  One could have the initial frequency set via the serial
port and then do the tuning during the pass via the mic buttons.  BTW, what
is the command to set the frequency via the serial port... it doesn't
appear to be on Jim Gill's web page.

John W2FS