Re: RS-12 Question

Date sent:      	Sun, 11 Jun 2000 22:56:18 -0400
To:             	amsat-bb@AMSAT.Org
From:           	Michael Rudzki <kf8bex@oeonline.com>
Subject:        	Re: [amsat-bb] RS-12 Question

> Dave,
>
> You have the uplink and downlink definitions switched. You transmit up
> to the satellite on the uplink and listen to the downlink.
>
> RS-12 (technically RS-13 for the past year or so) has a downlink in the
> upper portion of the 10 Meter band, 29.460 - 29.500. If you have a General Class
> license, you can receive here (in fact you can use all of 10 Meters with a
> General Class license).

okay, explain to me why you need a general license to receive a signal in
10m. anyone can listen to anything they want (except cell phones) without
having any type of license at all (it is called short wave listener...swl). i think
you are a bit confused on this one. there is no 10m uplink to rs12 that is
active now. so whatever your license is, it has no bearing on 10m and rs12.

73...bruce

Houston, Texas                                or: kk5do@houston.rr.com
AMSAT Area Coordinator
Houston AMSAT Net - Tuesday, 8PM CDT on TVRONet GE-4, T16 Upper, 5.8Mhz