Info on Sats

Richard Parry wrote:

 > I disagree with his comment about not being able to find information
on the
 > web about packet radio. I submit he has not looked or doesn't know
how.

I have found info thanks to the good folks who subscribe to this BBS!
If I had
to find the info by myself I might well have given up.  Indeed I was so
frustrated with finding detailed info on the satellites, modulation,
modes...
etc that I posted on this BBS a plea for help.  Help came and I am
grateful to
you'll.

The problem remains though.  The juicy details are buried in the web
sites and
require a fare amount of digging to find.  In some cases the names of
things
are so arcane that you would never have expected to find what you were
looking
for there.

I should temper my criticism though.  Much of my frustration is due
exhaustion.  I spend enough time during the work day beating info out of

"professional"  web sites that I have little patience when I have time
to look
for Sat info...

 > > > The lack of information seems to be pervasive.  I'm a member of a
newly
 > > > formed club of hams working at Microsoft in Redmond, WA and when I

 > > > suggested that a monthly meeting be dedicated to a demonstration
of
 > > > packet radio, we found that nobody in our 80 member club had
either the
 > > > equipment or the experience to present the topic....
 > > > Sincerely
 > > > [name on file]

I think the word "seems" couldn't be more appropriate.  The info is
definitely
out there it just takes too much mind numbing hunting to find it.  Info
organization is a non-trivial problem.  I don't think these folks in
Redmond
are any less capable of finding info than I am or most of us for that
matter.
It's just that some folks are better at it than others.  Ideally finding
info
on web sites should be at least as easy as using a library.
Unfortunately only
libraries have archiving pros who are specifically trained in the
discipline.

Once again I thank you all for pointing me toward PacSat specifics.
--
Bronson Crothers

Ph: 207 581 2252
Fx: 207 581 2255