Re: Going Digital... Ham Radio?

Actually I wish someone (maybe me in another life!) would do a
moderate baudrate multi-tone HF modem (maybe 600, 1200, or 2400 bps)
with "psk-31" like (b-PSK or nary-PSK) carriers, a long interleaver, ARQ,
etc. to do message store and forwarding.  Both types of comms are useful.

Such a system should be handy in emergency communications as well.

If done right, it would whomp the pants off of Pactor-1 and HF packet.
Oh, well.. when the software DSP guys get tired of the keyboard to keyboard
stuff...(Difficult- I can attest first hand)  Hopefully
Mr. Martinez won't have a coronary over it.

MT63 I know is sorta similiar, but again with different trade-offs
than a system like this would need.

Fred W0FMS