Re: Re: [aprssig] Re: Going Digital... Ham Radio?

Hi Bob,

Tiny-Web-Page. Hmm.

As part of my job entails WAP (Wireless Application Protocol)
implementation, I've been considering a WAP Ham interface. Different
protocol stack to APRS, but nice low bandwidth.

Here's a big difference that puts us hams on the bleeding edge. Although WAP
on mobile phones is a reality, 'Push' technology hasn't been implemented yet
on mobile phones (certainly in Europe) as they're circuit switched and not
packet switched (ie, not 'always on'). If you want to get information you
have to manually place the request first. There's no automatic notification
of that traffic delay.

APRS already does 'Push' technology already of course, but WAP would give
you a more generic interface.

Got a way to go yet, but it's certainly possible.

Cheers, Howard G6LVB