Re: [aprssig] Re: Going Digital... Ham Radio?

> IMHO, one of the reasons hams are not embracing packet as much as we use
> to is throughput.  Since the data we want to send has been growing is size
> as the years has gone by, 1200 to 9600 baud on VHF+ is not  a very
> proficient method of sending data.   <snip>

Good post.  BUT I dont know about everyone else, but I am suffereing from
DATA OVERLOAD.  My MIND cannot possibly absorb megabyutes of data.  In
fact, I can barely read at a 1200 baud rate.  I dont need HIGHER data
rates.  I can suck that up all day long on the internet.  What I need is a
line or two of PERTINENT data on demand via my HAM radio.

1200 baud or 9600 baud can do that very nicely on my existing radio...
In under a second.

I am not at all opposed to higher bandwidths nor lots of data.  But there
is so much we can do with what we have...  TWP's for example
(TINY-WEB-PAGES) on your radio front panel... (see previous message)...

de WB4APR, Bob