Digital : My two cents worth.

To those that say Digital modes haven't any practical value:

	The member of ARES and RACES here would argue that point that the
digital modes have no practical applications.  We have a compleat shelter
communications system in place here that make extensive use of Packet..
The system is great for transmitting hard copy info of shelter residents,
supply list and requisitions, missing person queries and such.   Aprs. is
used by Skywarn as well as field investigators and their bases so that
their exact location can be checked a t a moments notice.  It has kept
several of our trackers from harms way any number of time during  storm
spotting sessions.   (Ever followes a severe storm after dark?  Did you
know where you were every minute of the time you were out there?  Did the
weather service?)
	It is, in short, not just a valuable tool but an almost necessary
lifeline at times.
                                                 "73"
                                                        John
                                                            Kg5za