Re: Going Digital... Ham Radio?

Ah yes,

  I did not at all mean to imply that "digital" should replace "analog
modulations".  Yes, there is no compelling need for that on amateur
frequenceis. I was just saying that there is lots of potential for
digital applications that we could be exploring...

Let 'em surf the web at 56 kbps, there is still a lot we can do at 1200
and 9600... or whatever we want/need on radio.. depending on the
application.

We should not be trying to duplicate the internet AT ALL.  Nor replacing a
perfectly good analog radio..  But our radios give us the reach to do
things that consumers cannot.  We should look for those niche applicaitons
that are useful to us in the amateur service.. and explore them...

de WB4APR, Bob