Re: EX-Primestar Equipment

On Tue, 6 Jun 2000, John Barnard (EUS) wrote:

> In preparation for P3D...I recently found out that Primestar is apparently
> discarding the old receivers, LNB's and dish assemblies...
> I'm assuming that the LNB operates at around 12.2 - 12.7 GHz...

I think hat 1 microwatt of RF into one dish, can be received by
another one of these dishes 10 km away? (If I did the linnk budget
correctly).

Yes, it is illegal to transmit on 12 GHz....  But I know of "receivers"
that have supurious emissions greater than 1 microwatt and are fully FCC
compliant.... <grin>...  hummh...

I too am collecting these... hoping to figure out a use someday..

de WB4APR, Bob