EX-Primestar Equipment

Hi ALL,

In preparation for P3D...I recently found out that Primestar is apparently
discarding the old receivers, LNB's and dish assemblies that they pull from
service as they convert their customers to Direct TV.   My local distributor
GIVE me several of these old units for FREE.

I'm assuming that the LNB operates at around 12.2 - 12.7 GHz since these are
the frequencies listed for their satellite on their license in the FCC
database.  While trying to determine the manufacturer of the LNB, I found
only model numbers, no brand name or FCC ID numbers.   Does anyone have
experience with this gear, schematics and maybe even conversion info to use
this equipment in the amateur service?

Also, those interested may want to check with your local Primestar
distributors about their discarded equipment.  I will also compile and post
any good info I get. I'll send out the link address at that time.

Thanks,

John - N4NB
n4nb@juno.com