Re: FD2000

On Tue, 6 Jun 2000, Andy MacAllister wrote:

> We will not be making any changes to the AMSAT FD rules this year.
> They can be found at http://www.amsat.org/amsat/activities/amsatfd.html

*  Satellite digipeat QSO's do not count for any score...

WOHAA?  While I understand the basis for this in years past when MIR was
the only active DIGIPEATER in space and DIGIPEATING was not desired, but
now we have SUNSAT, and THREE 1200 baud PSK satellties with DIGI enabled
for APRS (AO16, LO19, IO26) and maybe more, this "rule" seems
counterproductive to current digital operations...

I do Field Day for fun, not points, but this "rule" seems to be kinda
archaic?

de WB4APR, Bob