FO20 operating /Portable in Hyde Park London

Had a great afternoon with Doug, G/WA7IGV out in Hyde Park, London,
operating FO20 with an FT847, a Gel battery, an Arrow Antenna, and nosey
onlookers.

This is the first time I've operated /P satellite, but what a buzz!

A lady came over to ask us what on earth we were doing. She thought we were
trying to tune in a TV.

The quality of the signals was first rate. Worked Italy, Spain and France.

Does anyone have much experience regarding /P transponder operating? Is
there a knack to compensating Doppler, tuning the radio, pointing an
antenna, having a QSO, and trying not to attract too much attention?!

73 Howard G6LVB(/P)