vhf premaplifiers

I have recently installed a VHF preamplifier from Microset, an italian
brand. I have experienced a valuable performance in preamplifiying the
signal on RX, but the behaviour of my SWR meter changed in a strange way:
when I go on TX, let's say with 10 watts, the power stays at this level for
just one or two seconds, then it drops to 7 watts. I do not know if it's a
matter with SWRmeter getting crazy about the presence of the preamplifier or
what... the other thing i noticed is that I am getting a considerably higher
SWR than I usually did without preamplifier. I'd like to know from any VHF
preamp gurus about similar experiences... thanks in advance.

73 de iw2nge Matteo