Re: Quiktrak...the NEW version

Hi Rick,

By now you have seen the message from W5IU, the chief beta tester on
QuikTrak.

Rick Walter wrote:

> I too, would like to know about a new Quiktrak.  I purchased and used the
> "old" version for years.  At first, the author was not going to revise
> it.  Then he needed help getting the code from an old machine.  Then there
> was progress.  I e-mailed the author a few times without receiving a
> reply.  Then the program was re-written but the antenna tracking features
> needed work.  Then there was beta testing with a select few.  Then --
> NOTHING.  I assumed since nothing ever showed up on the AMSAT web site it
> was a bust.
>
> Maybe Steve can enlighten us regarding a new version! You would think
> AMSAT would be selling the new version as soon as possible.
>
> The two programs I bought from AMSAT were not Y2K compatible, nothing was
> updated, so I went with another program, not sold by AMSAT.

When did you obtain those programs?  The non-Y2K compliant version of
QuikTrak was removed from AMSAT software availability in early 1998.
Instant Track was the only other non-Y2K compliant program and it was also
removed until it could be made compliant.  This is being done now.  All
other AMSAT offered software was Y2K compliant.

--
73, Roy

Internet: w0sl@amsat.org