Re: UO-11 modem/decoder

Norm VK2XCI asked

> Is there an soundcard type program for this application? just curious.

AFAIK there isn't a suitable program available. I don't see any
technical reasons why it couldn't be done, and related parts have
already been produced.  It's something I have been interested in for
some time, and have posted several requests in the past to this BB.
I've managed to get some C source code for dealing with the sound
card, but it would need some code to emulate a UART in software.

Unfortunately the code for the sound card is very complicated, and
needs quite a lot of know-how to compile and use.

> Since Ive left DOS I've lost a lot of these handy things, like CTERM, and I
> get sick of rebooting windows after every DOS app that needs control of
> ports and interupts and things.

I'm currently working on a Windows 98 version of CTERM, which I hope
to add to my web site later this year.

--

73

         Clive    G3CWV