Re: Best Radio's..(winradio?)

Well - While on the subject of best radios, I thought some of you might be
interested in how I find WinRadio..

For those of you aware of 'WinRadio' - PC-card based receiver - basically a
scanner with ssb,am nbfm and wbfm, with option of receiveing and
demodulating Packet, weather (and potentially any other ) etc etc modes.
Standard  freq coverage: 0.5 - 1350 MHz.. continuous
Cost around US$295
How does it perform?? - Well , despite (visibly) good sheilding, the noise
inside my pentium pc makes receiving on popular HAM frequencies *highly
QRMd*... so much that Im attempting to make an extender -cable to escape the
hideous Motherboard interference. Otherwise, its a nice little receiver (
when not on one of your computers' QRM bands - which of course depends on
how good your computer is)

David Merrett
david.merrett@baesystems.com
RF Engineer, Jindalee Support Facility