Gamma Ray Observatory Reentry

Folks:

I know many of you track satellites--amateur and others--so I thought I
would alert you of the fact that the NASA Goddard Team is proceeding with
the re-entry of the Gamma Ray Observatory (GRO).  To date, we have
successfully completed 2 burns with two more to complete.  Half an orbit
after burn 4 we expect GRO to re-enter and breakup over the Pacific Ocean
several thousand miles south of Hawaii.

Those that are interested in tracking this event can get more information
at the NASA home page:

www.nasa.gov

The actual events leading up to the re-entry of GRO will be covered on NASA
TV the evening of June 3.

Contrary to the May 26th press release, we have made the decision to start
burns 3 & 4 one orbit earlier than shown. Thus, the burns will occur about
90 minutes earlier--burn 3 will proceed around midnight EDT the evening of
June 3 (or around 4:00 UTC June 4).

Frank Bauer, KA3HDO
AMSAT, V.P. for Human Spaceflight Programs
NASA GSFC, Chief, Guidance, Navigation & Control Center