Re: [sarex] BEST satellite radio 736

Miles is correct about the FT-736 but he left out my personal favorite, the
IC-970. As I sit here writing, my 970 is busily scanning the local action. I
haven't done much in the way of the sats for about a year but I expect to get my
rear in gear and get my antennas back-up (just moved into a new house). I've
found that the Kenwood TS-790 seems to be the Ford Crown Vic of the group,
whereas the FT-736 is the Mercury Grand Marquis and ICOM's IC-970 is the Aston
Martin. My wife bought it as a Christmas present for me and I've been very
pleased with it. It was a learning curve at first but it seem second nature.
Rumor has it, and it's only rumor at this time but, sources within ICOM tell me
that the IC-970 may be imported again to the states because of P3D. Just
remember that the more you want your radio to do the lighter your wallet will

Jeffrey S Austin
Civil Engineering Student
Old Dominion University