Re: BEST satellite radio

>Date: Wed, 31 May 2000 20:12:33 -0400
>From: Ronald Long <rlong3@columbus.rr.com>
>Subject: Re: [amsat-bb] BEST satellite radio
>
>Franklin Antonio wrote:
>
>   >Opinions please: What is the best satellite radio?
//
>The ts-790 is quite old now but let me use it as an example of the
>deficiencies of the sub-band concept. RIT works on main band only; Noise
>blanker (not sure); no IF Shift; no CW filter option.

FYI, on my TS-790 the noise blanker and IF shift work just fine on the sub
band, as does the AGC (and squelch and AF ;-)

You are right about the RIT (not really needed for a receive only sub band)
and built-in narrow CW filter not working on the sub band, though.  Since
I'm into the "new" digital of 1's and 0's rather than OFF and ON, it
doesn't bother me :)

73,

Mark L. Hammond  [KC4EBR]