Re: BEST satellite radio

on 5/31/00 7:12 PM, Ronald Long at rlong3@columbus.rr.com wrote:

> Some of the sat radios have not had VOX. A serious problem IMHO.

I don't know if you need it.  Many times when I am operating in SSB with my
FT-847, I just leave the MOX button pushed in.  If I am not making any noise
with my headset, the radio doesn't put out any power.  And with full duplex
I can be in "TX" mode and still hear the other guy speak.

73,

Jon
NA9D

Jon Ogden