BEST satellite radio?

Opinions please:  What is the best satellite radio?

(Hope this doesn't evolve into a debate about the meaning of the word
"best".  I just want comparative points and recommendations.)

I've never used a dual-band satellite radio.  Have always used separate
transceivers for 2m & 70cm.  Now that we approach P3D, I'm considering
adding 23cm, and perhaps the best way to do that is to buy a single
satellite radio that does 2m, 70cm, 23cm.

So far, I've received the following opinion:
FT736 - good radio with bad computer interface
FT847 - good computer interface, but radio doesn't have robust front end

I did follow the discussion about the new Kenwood HF thru 1.2GHz
radio.  (Kenwood blurb can be found at <http://www.usol.com/~gdn/new05.jpg>
)  There doesn't seem to be enough information yet to evaluate its
capabilities for use as a satellite radio.

A related question:  I don't know how much power I'm going to need to
deliver to the antenna on 1.2 GHz for P3D.   Thoughts and/or references to
articles appreciated.  There is a page of info on ground station
considerations in the P3D section of the AMSAT web
site,  <http://www.amsat.org/amsat/sats/phase3d/groundst.html>
.  Unfortunately, it lists suggested antennas without suggestion of xmit
power level.