Re: RE: Valid Satellite Credit

In a message dated 5/31/00 8:35:11 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
bruninga@nadn.navy.mil writes:

> Apparently the ARRL does not recognize real-time digipeated packets via
>  Satellite as valid for Field Day credit.  I dont see how a 500 millisecond
>  delay disqualifies this mode of communications..  Voice QSO's via
>  satellite count dont they?
>  de WB4APR, Bob

Hi Bob,

Voice QSO's count, _BUT_ the last time I checked, "satellite" was considered
as one band by the ARRL, so If I work WB4APR on UO-14 and AO-10, I can only
count 1 contact. The second contact is a dupe........ I find this pretty
foolish.... Just my opinion.

BTW, AMSAT Field Day competition counts all contacts, analog and digital. I'm
not sure about APRS.............. W5ACM can probably clarify.

Mike, N1JEZ
AMSAT #29649
Local Area Coordinator
"A closed mouth gathers no feet."