Re: RE: Valid Satellite Credit

In a message dated 5/31/00 8:35:11 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
bruninga@nadn.navy.mil writes:

> Apparently the ARRL does not recognize real-time digipeated packets via
>  Satellite as valid for Field Day credit.  I dont see how a 500 millisecond
>  delay disqualifies this mode of communications..  Voice QSO's via
>  satellite count dont they?
>  de WB4APR, Bob

Hi Bob,

Voice QSO's count, _BUT_ the last time I checked, "satellite" was considered
as one band by the ARRL, so If I work WB4APR on UO-14 and AO-10, I can only
count 1 contact. The second contact is a dupe........ I find this pretty
foolish.... Just my opinion.

BTW, AMSAT Field Day competition counts all contacts, analog and digital. I'm
not sure about APRS.............. W5ACM can probably clarify.

73,
Mike, N1JEZ
AMSAT #29649
Local Area Coordinator