SEC: UNCLASSIFIED - FT-790 info & mods

I've just collected a well preserved FT-790R and accompanying 35W amp with
pre-amp (HL-30U from Tokyo Hi-Power Labs).
The price was advantageous.
The Amateur's widow was happy with the price she'd been advised to ask.

Noting:
-	FT-790 max o/p is 1W;
-	HL-30 requires 5W i/p for 35W o/p (and I estimate 1W i/p gives
~7-10W o/p);
-	I've found details for mods for the 9600 baud in/out for the
FT-790R;
-	I'd not plan to use the internal battery compartment - - I have an
ex-laptop PC 'battery block' and would use the DC connector;

Where can I find other info on the use and modification of FT-790s?
Especially, final amp changes to achieve ~4-5W.

Thanks,
Peter VK1KEP