RE: Dayton

Correct, and the nature of satellites means you'll effectively hear what's
happening on the uplink frequency anyway... via the bird itself.

It's just like using a transmitter on the uplink and a receiver on the
downlink, except neatly packaged into the one box.  Such a setup can do full
duplex and is suited to satellite ops.

As someone from kenwood pointed out, most of the major satellite rigs work
this way anyway (Anyone tried to monitor 2 freqs on a FT736 lately? - no?
But it works well on satellites).

Tony Langdon.
Systems Development and Support.