Re: Dayton

Message text written by Chris Setla
I had to think about this for a few minutes and as far as I can see the sub
receiver is probably not intended for use in satellite mode.
I disagree, I think that it probably works the same way that the TS 790
does.

My FT-736 only has one receiver, so does the TS-790 etc. NOT TRUE, I have a
TS 790 and it does have an independant 2d receiver.

as far as I know it's only the Icom that has 2 receivers and of course the
early model had the hickup about 9k6 packet and you actually had to use the
sub receiver to make it work.

In the case of the new Kenwood I think the intention is to allow dual band
receive or dual in band receive like you can do with some mobile and handy
rigs.

An example would be to use the main receiver to opperate on the satellite
in full duplex split band mode while the second receiver could be tuned
into the DX cluster using the built in tnc. Any dx spotted can be scrolled
across the display all
while you're working another station.
As far as I'm concerned, its going to be a looooong wait for this rig, but
I'll be the first one on the block to get one when they become available!

I am thinking that if it does satellite like the TS 790 does plus all the
features of the TS 570, then it should be a nice rig.

What I don't understand is why Kenwood is taking so long to built something
new.

They keep advertising that they have new stuff all the time, but it sure
looks like the same stuff that they have had for several years to me.

Perry WB8OTH