Re: Dayton

I had to think about this for a few minutes and as far as I can see the
sub receiver is probably not intended for use in satellite mode. My
FT-736 only has one receiver, so does the TS-790 etc., as far as I know
it's only the Icom that has 2 receivers and of course the early model
had the hickup about 9k6 packet and you actually had to use the sub
receiver to make it work. In the case of the new Kenwood I think the
intention is to allow dual band receive or dual in band receive like you
can do with some mobile and handy rigs. An example would be to use the
main receiver to opperate on the satellite in full duplex split band
mode while the second receiver could be tuned into the DX cluster using
the built in tnc. Any dx spotted can be scrolled across the display all
while you're working another station. As far as I'm concerned, its going
to be a looooong wait for this rig, but I'll be the first one on the
block to get one when they become available!

Regards

Chris VE4SET