Re: Dayton

on 5/23/00 7:15 PM, wbeightk at eightrrr@yahoo.com wrote:

> During a general sales presentation at Dayton, the
> Kenwood rep indicated that the new radio's sub
> reveiver only operated on AM or FM. I questioned this
> and he said it was a fact, no CW or SSB on the sub
> receiver! Seems like the fancy new radio would be
> worthless for satellite and or any type of split
> operation. Another bad feature is that on the mobile
> model with the remote head the radio will not work
> full duplex - read 'no satellite operation.
>
> I hope the Kenwood rep had his facts confused.

Well, I just checked the Kenwood Data sheet I got and you are correct.  Sub
band is ONLY AM and FM.  Well, I guess I will keep my FT-847.  Kinda silly
if you ask me.

They even have a "SAT" button.  Could it be that they only think FM birds
exist?  Not surprising as that's the general impression these days.

73,

Jon
NA9D

Jon Ogden