Re: Dayton

During a general sales presentation at Dayton, the
Kenwood rep indicated that the new radio's sub
reveiver only operated on AM or FM. I questioned this
and he said it was a fact, no CW or SSB on the sub
receiver! Seems like the fancy new radio would be
worthless for satellite and or any type of split
operation. Another bad feature is that on the mobile
model with the remote head the radio will not work
full duplex - read 'no satellite operation.

I hope the Kenwood rep had his facts confused.

Denny  WB8K-- Jon Ogden <jono@enteract.com> wrote:
> Well, guys,
>
> Another Dayton is over.  It was good to meet some of
> you at the Amsat booth
> when I was there Saturday morning.  We were busy for
> all those who weren't
> there.  I must have helped sign up nearly 10 to 12
> new or renewing members
> in the two hours I was in the booth.  I heard that
> this was Amsat's best
> year ever.
>
> Unfortunately, I didn't win the Icom 821 but
> congrats to the guy who did.
>
> Speaking of radios, what did folks think of the new
> Kenwood?  Pretty slick I
> might say.  Looks similar to the FT-847 but has a
> lot more bells and
> whistles.  And with 1296, it makes for a great rig.
> Who knows, I may have
> to give up my FT-847 (yikes!  That would mean buying
> something other than
> Yaesu!).
>
> 73,
>
> Jon
> NA9D
>
> -------------------------------------
> Jon Ogden
> NA9D (ex: KE9NA)
>
> Member:  ARRL, AMSAT, DXCC, NRA
>
> http://www.qsl.net/ke9na

> Via the amsat-bb mailing list at AMSAT.ORG courtesy
> of AMSAT-NA.
Majordomo@amsat.org

=====
73