RE: Bedford TX

Dave (N8KXA),

Let me take this opportunity to extend a great big Texas welcome to you
and your family!

You'll find that the Fort Worth-Dallas metroplex has a great group of
amateur satellite enthusiasts. Every Wednesday evening at 9pm local
time, there is a Metroplex AMSAT Information Net. It is on the Arlington
ARC repeater K5SLD/R 147.14 MHz (+600 kHz) 110.9 Hz PL tone. The
repeater is centrally located and covers the metroplex area very well.
Four or five of us rotate net control duties. It's a great local AMSAT
resource. There is a great depth of experience in many facets of amateur
satellites available locally.

You might be a little busy moving into your new home on Field Day
weekend. But if you want a break from all the work, please join us at
the Lockheed Martin Radio Club site. For more information, just give me
a call at 817-292-6440.

Again, a big Texas welcome to you and your family. I'll bet we can find
a few folks to help with connectors, roof towers and such.

73,
Doug - KG5OA