Re: New! Satellite Digital Messaging

Does anyone have any information re: this upgrade for E model D7's?

73, doug

   Date: Mon, 22 May 2000 10:49:20 -0400 (EDT)
   From: Bob Bruninga <bruninga@nadn.navy.mil>
   Sender: owner-AMSAT-BB@AMSAT.Org

   On Mon, 22 May 2000, Don DeJarnette wrote:

   > Bob,
   >
   > You mentioned that Kenwood announced a 9600 baud upgrade for the TH-D7. How
   > do I get the upgrade for my 3 month old TH-D7 ??

   Details are now being worked out.  Check the Kenwood WEB pages for
   details.  THey were doing it at dayton for anyone that purchased a new
   radio.  It takes an engineer about a Half hour do to the work, and you
   could watch them do it... so they couldnt do it for the thousands of
   people who all wanted instant upgrades, but said they would work out the
   details and post on their web site.

   de WB4APR, Bob