No Subject

[209.214.177.226])
	by mail5.lig.bellsouth.net (3.3.5alt/0.75.2) with ESMTP id PAA21462
	for <amsat-bb@AMSAT.Org>; Thu, 18 May 2000 15:21:49 -0400 (EDT)
Date: Thu, 18 May 2000 15:19:21 -0400
From: Steve Howland <esta@bellsouth.net>
To: AMSAT <amsat-bb@AMSAT.Org>
Subject: [amsat-bb] Help In GA;440 Study
Sender: owner-AMSAT-BB@AMSAT.Org

I heard UO-14 last weekend but had a copy of about 2s here in Georgia in
the day time.  I have a 7 element beam, but I have heard that some
people receive and operate 14 on a handheld .  Do I just have too much
antenna for 440 receive, or would it be better to have just a pre-amp
inline somewhere ?   Does transmitting to a 440 Bird also require some
other config ; as in SO-35 ?
    Thanks
       KF4FQT-- Steve in Ga.