UO-14 curiosity

Hi Gang...

Was on UO-14 a little earlier today when I heard what sounded like a
repeater ID in CW.  After the ID, I heard what sounded like a courtesy
beep.  Here's what was sent...

   de WA0QBP/re    (around 18 to 20 wpm)

The callsign is issued to an individual in Des Moines, IA.  Anyone know
why I would have heard this?  Surely the repeater's output isn't in the
satellite portion of the 2m band (which is 145.8 to 146.00, right?).
Anyone have a Repeater Directory that can give me some Iowa info for Des
Moines repeaters?

I'm not making a complaint...just curious.

73 //Garie  *K8KFJ*